It’s been a while since we’ve done a links round-up so let’s get cracking and look at just a few of the interesting, curious or important articles you may have missed in the last couple of weeks;
- The Trafficking Research Project on the Olympics and how the authorities chose not to listen to those who knew better on sex work. A must read for anyone interested in these things.
- Talking of the Olympics Flavor Wire has some lovely pictures of abandoned Olympics sites from around the world and…
- The Guardian has some great before and after pics of the London sites.
- Where are all the missing voters in Westinster? Asks Fitzrovia News.
- Adam Bienkov reminds us that Boris Johnson has had his own ditherama over airport expansion.
- Ever wondered how to praise a tube worker? The ongoing struggle.
- Union news tells us about that electricians have blockaded and occupied the Crossrail site at Westbourne Park against the sacking of 28 workers.
- A nice little post on suffrage banners.
- Today’s news is, of course, that PC Harwood who was involved with the death of Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protests has been sacked by the Met. Evening Standard.