LONDON KEEP OUR NHS PUBLIC MEETING
TUESDAY 10 JANUARY 7.30pm
Camden Town Hall, Judd St, WC1 (Kings X tube)
A combination of massive public opposition and lobbying stopped the Health bill in its tracks in the spring of last year. Now we need the same again as early as possible in 2012. The meeting will discuss some of these proposals from our last meeting.
- Keep up the pressure for a date for a national demonstration
- Public meetings and other publicity actions such as Bevan’s Run (see below)
- Lobbying MPs and Lords who did not vote against the bill
- Linking up with health workers planning further action over pensions
- Unions will be discussing their attitude to future action in the coming weeks and there will be a meeting at the TUC on Thursday 12 January.
- How parts of the bill are already being put into practice and how to make it inoperable
- If the bill is scrapped what should alternative policies be