An opening has arisen for a Stagiaire in the Brussels office of Jean Lambert, Green MEP for London, starting at the beginning of September 2012 for a period of 6 months. The position provides an excellent opportunity to gain an insight into the everyday workings of the European Parliament, to be exposed to a broad range of issues and to take a full role in the running of Jean’s Brussels office.
What we are looking for
Someone who has:-
- Genuine passion for Green politics and Jean’s work in Europe
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Friendly, personable manner and a sense of diplomacy
- Good ITC skills (including MS Office)
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a complex new environment.
- Is not a member or active supporter of another political party
Additional assets (advantageous but non-essential):-
- French language skills
Basic expenses of around 1400 euros per month will be paid to help cover living costs.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter with ‘Application for the position of Brussels Stagiaire’ in the subject heading to:email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday 22nd June. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview which will take place in London on the 6th July